November 21, 2022 / Business Security, Cybersecurity, Phishing Quiz Time: Can You Handle Social Media Phishing Attacks at work?
Our last three blogs have discussed cybersecurity threats and how they affect a business. We have talked about the dangers that stem from various types of malware. We have warned you about the newest cybersecurity risks expected to wreak havoc on businesses soon. And in the face of the ongoing growing acceptance of remote work setups, we have delved into the threats related to working from home. Now, we will now talk about social media phishing.
The common thing in all these topics is that they are all linked to phishing. A strong phishing attack can make a network open to the online threats that we have talked about. Thus, you and your employees must know how to handle social media phishing attacks at work. To find out just how prepared your staff is to circumvent phishing attacks on social media, you can have them take the following quiz.
A Brief Quiz on Social Media Phishing
Here are ten statements that have to do with phishing in social media. Read each one carefully and decide whether it is TRUE or FALSE.
- It’s safe to click on social media links and messages at work.
- A lot of phishing attacks use publicly available information.
- Social media phishing attacks target only individuals, not organizations.
- A cybersecurity risk assessment reveals the weak areas in your company’s security strategy.
- A ransomware attack occurs once every 40 seconds.
- Hackers have a lower chance of attacking smaller businesses.
- Malware and virus protection is more important than employee cybersecurity training.
- Cybersecurity insurance can save your business.
- Two-factor authentication is better for account logins.
- Working from home and working from the office are equally safe.
- False – Even if your company has a reliable cybersecurity system in place, it’s never 100% certain and could be a social media phishing scam. Always be conscious and vigilant if you want your data and network to stay secure.
- True – Most of the time, hackers use information already available to the public. We should be careful in revealing information, even if it seems harmless. Hackers might use anything that is made public as a tool for attacking your important files.
- False – Social media phishing attacks used to target individuals, but the hackers that use this method have now levelled up and are also targeting organizations, even big companies.
- True – You don’t have to wait for an actual phishing attack to gauge the strength or weakness of your defenses. An MSP can give you a thorough risk assessment to identify the weak spots you need to work on.
- True – Ransomware attacks are much more frequent than people realize. Most businesses are on a hacker’s hit list, but they have not launched an attack yet.
- False – Smaller businesses are at a greater risk because they often have weaker defenses against online threats,
- False – Both are very important and go hand-in-hand with an effective cybersecurity strategy.
- True – Some business owners forego getting cybersecurity insurance, thinking it is unnecessary and expensive. But if you fall victim to a security breach, it can cost you upwards of $50,000, and cyber insurance can help cover such amounts.
- True – Two-factor authentication is much harder for hackers to penetrate than single-step login, making it more secure.
- False – While there are plenty of things we can do to make working from home safer, it is still not nearly as secure as working from the office, where software updates and router upgrades are easily done.
Evaluating the Results
Did you get a 10? If so, you have the knowledge and skills to deal with any online attack! Warding off phishing attacks on social media will be a cinch!
A lower score means you need more training, which is something the company can do. As a comprehensive managed services provider, we have a highly competent cybersecurity team that can train your entire staff and prepare your company to face cybersecurity risks. Contact us today to learn more!
After taking your quizzes, if you need to learn more get our Free ebook, so you can better protect yourself and your business!